The Ashippun Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1917 with 19
charter members. Ashippun had the first community owned fire
department in the state of Wisconsin. The department was reorganized
in 1959 forming a corporation. The Town of Ashippun contracts with the
Ashippun Volunteer Fire Department to provide fire and emergency medical
services for the township.
department presently serves approximately 52 square miles including the
Towns of Ashippun, Oconomowoc, and Erin in addition to providing mutual aid
to many other local departments. Equipment is housed in two locations.
Station 1 is located at the intersection of Oak Street and Hwy 67 in
Ashippun. Station 2 is located at the Town Hall (corner of Hwy P and
Hwy O). The fire department is very proud of its equipment, the newest
of which was purchased in 1999. The department is completely volunteer
and is supported through several fundraisers. The main fundraiser is
the Fireman's Picnic which is held in July.
VOLUNTEERS ARE ALWAYS
Please contact the
current Fire Chief for more info.
Deonne Eske at