Sign up for our
Meetings, Dates, Information
Zion Lutheran Church
Early Scene of Zion
Lutheran Church - 1994
Church was formed in 1911 by
people of German descent with the first service October 9, 1911 in the
Carl Habeck home at what is now W1846
Roosevelt Rd.. From
its birth in 1911 until 1964, services were in the German language with
English services also held starting in 1937.
Early in 1912, the congregation was given two acres of land at the
intersection of Hwy. 67 and O. In
1917 work began on a new church building which was to be 29 X 50 feet. In
1944,one year after improvements had been completed on the church, it was
severely damaged by fire. In 1957 an
addition was built on the back of the church to provide room for restrooms
and a general purpose room which later became the pastorís study.
In 1965 a house located at the back of the church was purchased and
renovated to provide much needed classroom space for Sunday School.